Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fort Worth Art Fair and Area

We're
really loving the Fort Worth area. Dallas is BIG but Fort Worth is manageable and has some history.
These wire art images floating in the air were my favorite art show pieces.  


This cattle mural is very big and represents the Fort Worth cattle history.  


You
can't have a good art fair without food.  I saw this "plate" of "insects" being shared by a very happy looking couple.  For outside fair food, I think I prefer a carmled apple!


Joel Hill, Bob's brother-in-law loves to take Max, his Babe Magnet to such events! Max soaks up the attention and honestly, so did Joel.  Bob is now considering a small dog  :(

Bob's sister has been cooking wonderful meals for us, I'm gaining weight and our vacation is only a week old!  Once we don't have these steak and shrimp and pasta dinners with bottles of wine, maybe I'll be able to focus more on salads :(.  Not nearly as much fun.

If anyone is considering a TX vacation, I suggest this time of the year.  We're hoping to see some of the blue bonnets and other wild flowers as we drive to San Antonio.  The weather is wonderful and the antique malls we've been to have been very, very big!  Texas sized, I suppose.  Big enough to have shopping carts!  I've never been to an antique store with a shopping cart and I don't think I like it - sticking antiques into a Big Lots type cart just doesn't do anything for the ambiance of the shopping experience.

Well, today we're going to Grapevine and Central Marketplace, a "destination" shopping experience for international and deli foods.  Yummm. 

No comments: