Friday, October 31, 2008
As the holidays approach, you may be interested in cooking something different for guests. There is nothing like an alligator Thanksgiving to liven up the dinner table! Or, for the not-so-good cooks, try the No Fault Cooking recipes - maybe there is a coupon in it for free legal defense if you mess up totally? Written by lawyers, I think it is a very funny / unique book title. I think I can ship most of there for the basic $2.50 media rate - except for the Italian book - that one will have to be about $5.00 - sorry but it is a gorgeous recipe book - worth paying the postage.
Thanks for looking. PayPal (with credit card option) and checks accepted. Madlyn
· #2839 Rawlings, Marjorie Kinan: CROSS CREEK COOKERY Charles Scribner, Ny. NY. 1942 1st Edition 1st Printing, Illus. by :Robert Camp : Hardcover Size: 8vo - 8" to 9" tall Indexed. Decorative endpapers G-. No DJ cond. Recipes & Menus. Southern cooking. 1st Ed. Wear to corners. Spine is starataing to crack 230 pgs. Book: Fair/ DJ: NONE $25.50
· #6370 (Junior League Of Honolulu) : A TASTE OF ALOHA A Collection of Recipes from the Junior League of Honolulu. Junior League of Honolulu, Hawaii. 1994 1st Edition 8th Printing, Hardcover Size: Small 4to 9" - 11" Decorated glossy book hardcover with Hawaiian lady. There is a nice cultural description and drawings to accompany the recipes. One corner is slightly bumped. 374 pgs. Book: VG/ DJ: NONE $10.00
· #6372 Junior League Of The Palm Beaches: HEART OF THE PALMS Favorite Recipes of the Palm Beaches. Junior League of the Palm Beaches, Florida. 1990 1st Edition 2nd Printing, Hardcover Size: Small 4to 9" - 11" A very pretty hard cover spiral bound hard cover book. The cover art is very attractive. 261 pgs. Book: VG/ DJ: NONE $9.95
· #6377 Clare, Robert L. (editor) : NO FAULT COOKING 1998 1st Edition 1st Printing, Illus. by :Tine Graham : Illus Type: Color Illustrations Spiral bound Size: 8vo 8" - 9" tall Buy it just for the humor if not the many recipes! This is the work of the Fellows and thier spouses of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Contributions are from all 50 states, and Nova Scotia - British Columbia and G. B Very good art work by Tine Graham. The publishing information wasn't provided in the book! I can't tell if there were other printings or not so I'm guessing at the 1st Ed, 1st printing info since nothing else is provided. The publication location and dates weren't provided either. I can only guess from the date of the letter that the editor wrote outlining his goals for the book. I'd say if you are friends with a lawyer - who happens to like to cook (or not) this would be a fun gift. 264 pgs. Book: VG/ DJ: NONE $11.50
· #6482 Brown, Sandi & Joyce Lafray Young: FAMOUS FLORIDA! RESTAURANTS AND RECIPES Cookbook and Guide to 50 Famous Florida Restaurants. Winner Enterprises., 2002 1st Edition 1st Printing, Illus Type: Line drawings Spiral bound Size: Small 4to 9" - 11" tall Includes a story about the various restaurants and a recipe from them. 320 pgs. Book: VG/ DJ: NONE $9.95
· #6483 I
Tihany, Adam D. & Francesco Antonucci & Florence Fabricant & Nir Adar; Pioppo, Peter: VENETIAN TASTE Abbeville Press, New York. 1994 1st Edition 1st Printing, Illus. by :Nir Adar : Illus Type: Color Illustrations Hardcover Size: Small 4to 9" - 11" tall Beautifully illustrated recipes from Italy. Gift Quality. Decorative endpapers Dust Jack in protective mylar. 192 pgs. Book: NF/ DJ: NF $20.00
The Junior League of Norfolk-Virginia Beach: TIDEWATER ON THE HALFSHELL Fine Virginia Recipes. Junior League of Norfolk, 1985 1st Edition 1st Printing, Spiral bound Size: Small 4to 9" - 11" tall 352 pgs. Book: VG/ DJ: NONE $9.95
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I will be putting these 3 pins up for sale on eBay soon if they don't sell here. If you are interested in investing, collecting or wearing estate/collectible jewelry, have a look - I really like these pins!
As you can see, they are 3 inches tall, pewter (or pewter like), done by the Jonette company in 1988, I think distributed by Chicos - and you know they had to sell for a lot more than I'm asking here: $25.00 for all 3 pieces. The cactus has one small 'ding' on the left edge but that is all of the potential "flaws" that I see. If you are interested in only one piece and the set hasn't sold, $10.00. Add $2.50 postage for shipping in U.S. for one or all 3 pieces. Thanks for looking. Madlyn