Monday, March 22, 2010

Retirement Begins With a Party!

My work at the medical library has ended after 7 yrs and 11 months. When I was younger, this was called "unemployment" but now that I'm 65 it is called "retirement" :)

One major difference is that there was a very nice luncheon held to send me out the door.  Many of the very nice library volunteers took more time out of their week to attend and wish me well.  I was quite surprised and moved by their generosity of time, sentiments and gifts!  They all chipped in to purchase a Garmin GPS and suitcase to get me started on my retirement travels.  I also received flowers, balloons, and a couple of other more personal gifts along with the cards.  
I don't
know how many volunteers I worked with over the years but I had the opportunity to meet a lot of very, very nice people and I hope that I'm able to keep in touch with many of them.

No comments: